Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality – Based Nr Manchester
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an exciting and significant Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality position to join one of the largest UK Utilities and Waste management organisations. This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work within a high profile organisation who have a national portfolio.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality function, the successful candidate will take the lead and maintain an excellent Health and Safety culture. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include writing policies and procedures, maintaining and developing management systems and manage and develop a growing team.
Reporting into an office based near Manchester 2-3 days per week, the position will also require frequent travel across their national depots and sites when required.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality are:
· Develop and implement the HSEQ strategy
· Implement and maintain the business management systems and accreditations
· Support, coach and mentor individuals both inside and outside of the health and safety function
· Write and review policies and procedures
· Review HSEQ performance including the output of certain activities, to identify root cause analysis and corrective actions needed
· To ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards
· Conduct safety inspections and audits
The successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality must hold:
· NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
· Proven experience working within the Utilities, Construction, Civil Engineering, Waste or Engineering sectors
· Detailed knowledge of ISO standards including 9001, 14001 and 45001.
· Experience of managing and developing a team
· Full UK drivers’ licence
In return the successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will receive:
· Basic salary of £70,000 – £75,000
· Company car or car allowance (£6k)
· Travel expenses
· 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays – increasing with length of service
· Private medical insurance for individual and family
· Death in service x2
· Pension scheme
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately or contact me Quoting reference MM26593
Salary: £70000 – £75000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: BD7, Wibsey, Bradford
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.