Process11 Recruitment currently have a fantastic permanent career opportunity for a Junior/Assistant Buyer, based at our very well respected and growing client in the Norwich area.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Junior/Assistant Buyer will assist and support the Purchasing team with multiple projects of various complexities, simultaneously whilst dealing with the purchasing of engineering components and consumables and the coordination of supply lead-times and costings. You will be responsible for supplier service, quality and cost across a range of commodity codes. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills to enable the development of strong relationships in a professional manner with the supplier and internal customer base.
* To interpret the company requirement plan and generate or amend order cover as appropriate by using a MRP system to forward plan, pre-empt and forecast requirements/demand for continued manufacturing.
* Responsible for managing a portfolio of suppliers ensuring timely placement of purchase orders, on time delivery and quality performance targets are achieved.
* Identifying problems and dealing with any delays with deliveries with urgency; whilst finding resolutions with suppliers to minimise impact on business.
* Monitoring shipments, deliveries, expediting suppliers to ensure timely receipt.
* Managing cost control as well as cost reduction opportunities through negotiation, design improvement identification and process improvement adoption.
* Liaison across teams and departments, within and outside Supply Chain.
* Develop mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organisational levels.
Essential Personal Attributes:
* Excellent Interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Building relationships with other departments and stakeholders to ensure constant communication and efficiency.
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, using critical thinking whilst, providing attention to detail.
* Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
* High level of computer literacy to include MS Word and Excel.
* Full Driving Licence to drive in the UK and abroad.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Team focussed.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
* Previous experience in working within a Procurement team, ideally in a manufacturing environment with strong administrative skills.
* Can communicate clearly to deliver vital information to all levels within the organisation.
* Analytical, numerically astute with well-developed problem-solving abilities.
* Confident communicator with the ability to build strong relationships.
* A willingness to learn and develop.
Salary: £22000 – £24500/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.