Junior Transport Planner/Hire Coordinator, Luton
Star Platforms is one of the fastest growing powered access hire companies in the UK offering excellent career stability and progression prospects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and contribute to our success.
Working within our busy office near Dunstable/Luton, we are looking to add a Junior Transport Planner/Hire Coordinator to our established Operations Desk team primarily responsible for the effective planning of transport movements and fleet allocation.
Role and responsibilities will include:
* Ensure transport routing is planned to meet order requirements in line with company KPIs
* Liaising with drivers throughout the day to ensure that customer service is always maintained
* Ensure hire fleet is being fully utilised by reviewing the daybook daily for opportunities to exchange cross-hires with own fleet to meet customer and commercial requirements
* Update engineering department with machines requirements for next day/future bookings
* Handle all calls and emails professionally, always providing customers with the highest standard of customer service
* Deal with all customers queries efficiently in line with company procedure
* Work closely with the wider team to provide and smooth and cohesive solution to providing the best service and fulfilling orders
* Ensure compliance to Star Platforms quality, health, safety and environmental policies and standards
The ideal candidate will have:
* Prior basic planning experience (preferably gained in the hire industry but training will be provided)
* An excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with customers, suppliers and other team members alike
* Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise within a busy office environment, whilst ensuring attention to detail
* The ability to read & understand product specifications and learn key features of machines, and to relate to user applications (product training will be provided)
* The ability to multi-task and prioritise with deadlines throughout the day
* A confident and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
* Good knowledge of MS Office including Outlook/Word/Excel are essential, as well as basic mathematics to be able to calculate truck load capacities, customer quotations/discounts, etc.
What’s on Offer:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days Holidays plus extra day for birthday plus usual bank holidays
* Company profit share scheme
* Contributory pension scheme
* Health Cash Plan
* Life Assurance
* Free Parking
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dunstable, Central Bedfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.