Purchasing Manager, Landscape or Construction
Salary £35,000 to £40,000 + Bonus
The continuing success of this highly regarded Landscaping company means that they need to fill the role of Purchasing Manager. This role is central to the organisation and contributes to both its ongoing success and the creation of the company’s award-winning Landscapes. They would ideally like to recruit someone from a Landscaping or Horticultural company but recognise the difficulty of finding this precise experience. They are therefore open to applicants from another area of Construction.
You will take responsibility for the Purchasing department, managing the team and overseeing the sourcing and procurement of a broad range of Horticultural and Construction products. You will take control of all the Purchase administration and reporting and ensure that all transactions are completed and recorded correctly. You will;
* Be commercially aware and proficient at leading supplier negotiations.
* Develop efficient, best practice purchasing techniques within the department.
* Take responsibility for the implementation and management of Supplier Contracts.
* Review the credentials of potential new suppliers and ensure that suppliers are compliant.
* Identify cost reduction opportunities whilst ensuring the Purchasing Team are negotiating all terms and conditions to achieve best price and quality.
* Identify potential supply problems and solutions.
* Set goals and deadlines for the other members of the Purchasing Team.
You will have several years Purchasing experience in Landscaping, Construction or an aligned industry and may hold a CIPS Qualification. You will be a natural problem solver with the ability to delegate. You will have strong communication skills (both face to face and by telephone) and will have the confidence to hold suppliers to account when necessary.
In addition, you will have;
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Proficient IT skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
* Good organisation and time-management skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
Salary: £35000 – £40000/annum + Bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dartford, Kent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.