Strive are a UK wide Supply Chain & Logistics management recruiter. Please visit our site at strive . co . uk for additional roles across engineering, production, warehouse & transport operations.
Purchasing professional – c£30k – £35k [DOE] + excellent bens + prospects
Location : Redruth, Cornwall
An internationally renowned engineering company who continue to grow at a rapid pace. As part of their expansion & process improvement there now exists a new role for an experienced purchasing professional in a multi-functional, newly created role.
A newly created role to support the FD & manage a part time purchasing assistant.
You will manage all aspects of company purchasing from supplier selection and validation, terms negotiation, quote process, purchase order, purchase invoice matching. It may expand to cover the entire Purchase Ledger process and include supplier payments and reconciliation.
Main purpose is control and secure the process and to ensure best value for money with every spend.
Current system is Infor M3, an older version using Infor Smart Office as the interface – this will be reviewed & improved in the future.
Annual budget spend will be managing approx. £5-8m
* Purchasing raw material/stock items.
* Producing and sustaining an efficient and cost-effective buying plan.
* Producing planning reports on a regular basis, detailing departmental performance.
* Developing and maintaining systems and processes.
* Manage supplier liaison & performance (contact, audits, price negotiation).
* Complete role admin tasks – raising purchase orders.
* Ensuring the production team are always updated with developments to the plan.
Qualifications / Skill set:
* Previous experience of buying / purchasing
* CIPS qualified would be attractive
* Strong IT skills, purchasing related & Microsoft Office suite (Excel)
* Background in manufacturing an advantage.
* Problem solver, with a desire to create long term solutions.
* Highly analytical & focussed
* Strong negotiating skills
* Energetic with exceptional communication skills
* A flexible attitude & not set in your ways
* Appetite for development
* Willingness to learn new techniques and adapt to the environment.
* Confident IT user, especially Microsoft suite.
* Eye for detail, only accepting the right first time approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity – we look forward to your application.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Redruth, Cornwall
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.