My client is seeking a Senior Technical Specialist to act as an internal and external consultant on all technical and scientific aspects, as well as providing advice and methodology for specific aspects of microbiology. To provide ongoing technical support to the management team and the microbiology laboratory, as well as providing advice and recommendations to customers. To liaise with internal and external customers e.g., Director, Business Support Manager, Laboratory Manager, Quality manager and Microbiologists regarding technical requirements, investigations, trends, new methods and continuous improvement.
* To act as an internal and external technical consultant for both scientific and technical aspects and perform external consultancy services as required.
* To oversee new method reviews and generation of the required documentation and training for implementation of new methods.
* To oversee the generation of customer qualification protocols, proforma result sheets and technical reports as required.
* To perform data trending and use technical expertise to make suggestions for continuous improvement.
* To coordinate method development and validation activities, including experimental design and reporting.
* To investigate unexpected results, errors or problems in methods and offer suitable solutions.
* To share expertise and knowledge actively and willingly and formally train other members of staff as appropriate.
* To ensure customer deadlines are adhered to or technical issues communicated to the customer as soon as possible
* To drive technical continuous improvement activities through to implementation
* To communicate effectively at all levels within the company, ensuring management are kept informed of potential issues, work progress and problems.
* To communicate with customers, including handling customer enquires; preparing quotations, contract review and customer complaints
* To write, review and amend work instructions for equipment or test methods as appropriate in a timely manner.
* To complete all documentation honestly, accurately and according to company procedures.
* To check laboratory data, records and logbooks to ensure they are completed correctly.
* To ensure compliance with all relevant GMP, Quality standards and company procedures at all times.
* To take reasonable care for own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others who may be affected by your actions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong microbiology background, have proven knowledge of method development, validation and process implementation. You must have the ability to learn and overcome new technical challenges, be able to train and nurture staff and have exceptional planning and organisational skills.
The company offers an extremely competitive salary for the right candidate.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.