A leading financial services company are requiring a SQL Developer to join their development team. The SQL Server Developer, will take on an important role helping to deliver software development services to the business. Working in a fast paced environment, the SQL Developer will be expected to undertake activities to support the business as well as being responsible for the delivery of new SQL Server based projects. The SQL Server Developer who will be comfortable supporting and developing new processes of all complexities to an extensive client base.
* Proactively be responsible for the delivery of projects from inception through to delivery.
* Contribute to the support of existing SQL Server applications and other core applications.
* Proactively manage your helpdesk in order to resolve any issues raised by the business or our clients in a timely manner.
* Work on change request work items in the help desk queue as assigned by the development team lead.
* Develop and maintain reports and dashboards for the business and our clients
* Deliver ad-hoc data requests to the business and to our clients as per the help desk change request queue. Ensure the accuracy of data and that data is provided in a secure manner and meets with GDPR guidelines and regulations.
* Responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance
* Implement ETL processes for data consumption
* Produce documentation throughout the software development lifecycle
* As required, work closely with the Infrastructure team to support the business and to help deliver new projects.
* Demonstrable experience of authoring and maintaining complex T-SQL codebases. Designing and maintaining complex normalised relational databases.
* Proven track record proactively taking responsibility for the delivery of development projects which encompass the full software development lifecycle. Ability to manage project stakeholders and their requirements.
* Experience of developing extensible and maintainable complex codebases using a variety of development technologies.
* Proven track record as report/MI developer (using a variety of mainly Microsoft technologies) and able to data mine and interpret data from complex relational databases.
* Working within a change control process environment.
* Experience of the full software development life cycle using different process methodologies e.g. waterfall, agile, RUP.
* Experience of SSIS, SQL Server 2008R2 and above (desirable)
* Experience of reporting tools e.g. Qlikview, Tableau (desirable)
***Hybrid working options – 2-3 Days from home per week***
Salary: £30000 – £45000/annum Great Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Chichester, West Sussex