Our client runs ones of the most prestigous and exclusive hotel and golf club properties in the UK. They are currently looking to recruit a Bar Tender/Sommelier to join their team at their site in Aberdeenshire.
We are looking for a professional, high-energy Bartender/Sommelier with excellent communication skills to serve a range of high-quality alcoholic beverages and wines to our guests. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend food and wine pairings. You will also upsell items, Create and update the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Food and Beverage Manager, advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices and Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices.
To succeed as a Bartender/Sommelier, you should have a neat appearance and an engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
* Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
* Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages, wines and specials.
* Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
* Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
* Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
* Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
* Maintaining a clean work and dining area.
* Developing new cocktail recipes.
* Create and update the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Food and Beverage Manager
* Recommend food and wine pairings
* Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
* Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices
* Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware
* Store open bottles properly to maintain strong taste
* Manage wine cellar and ensure its fully stocked
* Train wait staff on available wines
* Negotiate purchase prices with vendors
* Organize wine tasting days or “wine of the month” events
* Comply with all health and safety regulations
* Experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward/Stewardess or similar role would be advantagous.
* Ability to create tasteful food and wine pairings
* Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
* Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong task and time management abilities.
* Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
* Strong knowledge of Wines is a preference, but training is available for strong Bartenders looking to develop Sommelier skills.
Salary: £28000 – £30000/annum + Tips + Great Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeen City
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.